Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 14


Today we went to Chatsworth. The first home of Elizabeth of Shoesbury, Bess of Hardwick. The interiors were on such a grand scale.




This was probably my favorite stately home we’ve seen. I particularly liked how even the present Duke and Dutchess collect artwork. Most of the other places we’ve been just have like 14 and 15 century artwork and sculptures. But this one had the best harmony between new and old. The gardens were amazing! Roaming the grounds is definitely were I spent most of my time. It was absolutely gorgeous! We also went through the maze! It was so hard! But we made it to the middle!


The weather, luckily, wasn’t too bad. The sun poked through for a bit- it was nice! To top off the day, when we got back to London we went shopping! Afterwards, Breanne and I went to a sushi bar called YO! It was so much fun and the design of the restaurant was great!






I'm looking pretty haggard in this picture- it really was a long day

No comments: