Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 2

Now that we are all nice and rested I can officially welcome you to The Tube!

Today- we take on London
Amazing! First stop- Westminster Abbey!
I had no idea as to the magnitude of scale and detail inside this beautiful place. Extravagant would be putting it lightly. The stained glass windows are unbelievable! It amazes me how they were able to do that. Out text books don't do this site justice at all! And the detail in the stone in the barrel vaulted ceilings.... beyond belief. The National Gallery was sweet. It is amazing to see how good the artists use to be. I love that paintings were painted for a purpose, they had a story and the artist portrays emotion and realism so well. What I found the most amazing is how they made fabric look so real! After spending two years in art classes trying to figure out how to make my fabric look somewhat distinguishable I have a real appreciation for these artists! Next was the V&A (Victoria & Albert Museum) which was so cool! My favorite parts were the Modern Gallery that featured modern furniture from Hoffman, Rietveld, and soo many more! Then the Kylie Exhibition that was a whole exhibit of Kylie Minogues touring and video wardrobes! And finally the New York Fashion Exhibit. It had the style of the men and women of NY dating back to the early 1900's up to todays most extreme runway fashions!
Part of the Surreal Things exhbit. I liked the idea of the storage space.




1 comment:

Kendall and Mitzi said...

Hi
Having a good time? Looks like your seeing some amazing places. We miss you. Cant wait to hear all the details. LOVE YOU!!

p/s kenzi say's do they have berries and cream??????