Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day 18

I’m not blogging day 17 because absolutely nothing happened. We waited at train stations… the whole day. So pretty much we went from London to Paris. But today- our first day in Paris was great. We woke up to a great breakfast and headed off to Fontainebleau. Fontainebleau was the home to the Kings of France. I wish we could have had more time; we were only able to quickly walk through the interior. Two hours is all we had. Then we went to Vaux le Vicomte. This was by far my favorite of all the stately homes we’ve seen. We spent approximately seven hours seeing the grounds and the interiors. This house was designed by Louis Le Vau for Nicholas Foquet. Nick, as some call him, through a ravish party honoring the King France. The King, Louis XIV, got extremely envious and through Nichloas in jail for life and had the Estate confiscated. My favorite parts were seeing the architectural drawing and the drawings of the landscape. I also loved the Green Bedroom and the Formal Dining Room. It was so neat to walk through it at night being lit by candles. It helped me envision myself there in it’s prime time! I loved it!


At Fountainbleu




At Vaux le Vicompte

Can you see the candle light?

No comments: